Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Arrival in San Fransisco

I just landed in San Fransisco and have about 2 hours to kill, so I figured now would be a good time to set up this blog. I decided on the name because I felt it will aptly describe the way I will stand out once I arrive in Japan. I'm not sure if the terminal that I am currently seated in is the correct one or not, but all the qualms I had about weather booking my ticket online have mostly vanished now that I have already completed the first leg of my journey.
My next flight is scheduled to depart at 1:10 and arrive in Seoul, Korea about 13 hours later (5:30 local time). From there I have an hour before my final flight into HIJ, which should be the quickest of all three flights. Once I land and am able to get situated, I will look into updating my current situation.
As I was walking through the airport down here in San Fransisco, it was really starting to dawn on me that I am traveling on my own for almost the first time in my life. Besides one quick trip to Reno with a couple of friends a few years ago, any trip I have ever taken has been with family. The lone exception to that is when I traveled home from Arizona on my own way back when I was 7 years old, but in that circumstance family both walked me to the plane and was waiting for me when I landed. For the first time I am truly out on my own.
This realization has resulted in mixed feelings of excitement and a little bit of anxiousness. Fortunately, the excitement evoked from the looming experiences greatly outweighs any solicitous emotion. I'm looking forward to both the flight and to finally arriving in Japan.

Thanks for reading, I'll post again before too long.

Sam

6 comments:

  1. Have fun Sammy!! I'm jealous you get to see your girl and I have to wait another 3 month for Lukey! I thought we were going through this deployment together??! Ha, have fun Sam. I can't wait to read more about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samski, I feel honored by the title of your blog because I know it was named in part to pay respects to my fallen phalanges and the golden age of Pacific Lacrosse in the winter of 2009. My thumb is still swollen, actually, and it's all your fault (and probably Joe's, too).

    Good luck with your travels. Just remember "biiru o kaitai desu" and you'll be set to enjoy your entire stay in Japan. How long are you going to be over there, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have made it! I posted something a few days ago but it has not shown up. We are thinking about you and love you! I am proud of you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, l hope you journal for at least 10 minutes every day. Godspeed UT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, love your blog - keep writing! Blessings on all your adventures. Your adoring Godmother

    ReplyDelete